Friday, May 20, 2011

Spa Cake







So, we have three Female teachers retiring at Shelley High School. They asked me to make a cake for them. I made a sheet cake that was plain for everyone to share and eat and then I put this on top. The whole thing is edible, and I made all of it by hand on my own. I was really nervous because last time my Sister in law helped me with the lion and did the hardest parts. The Hippo and cosmetics are made out of Gum Paste and the bubbles are made out of fondant. I sprinkled some edible glitter on some of the bubbles for some shimmer because we all know bubbles shine. The zebra print is one of the new sugar sheets made by Wilton. They are really convenient and easy to use. You have to be a little careful because sugar sheets are harder and stiffer than fondant. I was really pleased with the results.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!! Who is retiring, by the way? Hope you are doing great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! I would hire you rather than do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THankyou for your comment Elise. It made me feel good. And I definetly considered you as one of my friends, and I remember being so grateful you were in that math class because I didn't really know anyone else in that class. And I loved talking boys with you. Both of us were so serious with our boyfriends at the time, lots of drama to talk about :) ha. Thankyou for your comment, as silly as it is I needed to hear it. And- these cakes- I had not idea you were doing this! Holy cow, you are so talented! Amazing cakes!

    ReplyDelete