Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Cake

I was asked to donate a cake fore a Carnival in Shelley Idaho for their cake walk. This cake was to be the grand prize. The week that it was to be picked up was super busy and I didn't want to make it to early because I like my cakes to be fresh. So the night before at 10 PM (the only chance in the week to make it) I started my cake. I finished it by four in the morning and it was picked up at 10:30 in the morning.
The whole cake is edible except for the pipe cleaners that I used for legs. The cake was a white almond cake with chocolate mousse and raspberries for filling. The outside frosting was french vanilla buttercream. I decided to not put fondant on it for cost reasons and time but I was acutally happy I didn't because the cake looked better without it personally. The spider was rice krispie treat covered in fondant and the orange border was fondant with some shine put on it to make it pop even more. I was way excited and the winner was the person who picked it up.



0 comments:

Post a Comment