Sunday, March 20, 2011

Relief Society Cakes

This year I had the opportunity of being in charge of the relief society birthday dinner for our ward. I quickly said I would make the cake because I wanted to have fun and I hate sheet cake from the grocery store it's way to sweet and has more frosting than cake on it. My friend also needed a cake for her ward so I made a small version of the one I was making for my ward for her to take. She was going to help me but her baby was in the hospital with RSV. Her baby is good now.

This cake is a raspberry truffle cake. I like to think it's my signature cake. I made a chocolate fondant to cover it. It has gum paste flowers to decorate, giving it a spring look. I was kind of excited about my flowers since they are my first gum paste flowers. I was going to take a class on how to do flowers but have been to busy and now have to wait till fall when the class is offered again. But until then these will have to do. I got the insperation for the cake from the book my mom and dad got me for christmas.









0 comments:

Post a Comment