Sunday, August 21, 2011

Iron Festival

 Well, I didn't do as well at the Iron Festival as I did at stampede days. I think there were a few things that affected the results. 
1. It was really hot
2. The vendors and the car show were almost two completely differant things. 
With that said though. I am out of business cards and I had 100 when I started, so if anything I will get some more traffic on my website and some orders.
 Huckleberry Chocolate mini cake. I love the plates. I found them at Ross. They have little diamonds imbedded into the plate. There perfect for a wedding or something on my new stand!

 Peach Blackberry. Yummy. This was my second attempt and they turned out so good. They reminded me of my grandma. They sounded and ended up looking like something my grandma would have at one of her tea parties. Grandma I still haven't had a tea party with you. Next time I'm down we are having a tea party and I'm making these for all your guests.
 This is my new stand that I got from pampered chef with my party discount. I went to Ross and got a whole bunch of differant plates to go on it. They are all so neat. These are cake pops. I made White Almond on the bottom. Cookies and Cream in the middle. And Chocolate on top. The chocolate I dipped in White and Chocolate.
 S'mores cupcake. If I were to do this again I think I would put some chocolate ganache on the cupcake and then the marshmallow frosting and then toast it more. But, they were still really good.
 Huckleberry chocolate. The most popular cupcake of the day.
 Strawberry Lemonade.

Yes, there is a DP in the background. I must explain myself. I haven't had caffeine since my junior year of high school when I decided to stop drinking it. There's nothing bad about it, it was just a personal choice I made for myself. Anyway, I stayed up all night and didn't finish baking and decorating what I had to at home until 7am which by then I had to take a shower and get to the place to set up. So, I was so tired and Tyson bought me something to keep me awake. I felt so guilty drinking it but it did help me. Then at 4 when I was done I went home and crashed for a couple of hours. Then I woke up, went and ate with a friend and crashed again. Then I crashed all Sunday after church. I think I am finally caught up.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I never saw your cake blog before. WOW! Everything you make is gorgeous. I wished you lived here.....

    ReplyDelete