Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Beach

This cake was alot of fun. I had someone call asking for a Hawaiian themed birthday cake for there son. They gave me permission to do my own thing. So I started to think what do boys like about Hawaii? Girls it's easy, the flowers. After a couple of days I got a duh moment, surfing. The cake is one layer lime cake and one layer raspberry cake with a buttercream frosting. That was the only request that it be an odd flavor of cake. I have named this cake raspberry limeade. It was really good.  Once again everything is edible on the cake except for the leaves to the palm trees because my own weren't working for me so I had to go with plan B.  The trunks of the trees are chocolate covered raisins, surf boards are painted air heads, sand is brown sugar, water is piping gel.



0 comments:

Post a Comment