Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chocolate Dream

 I got the best present for my birthday. My mom got me a mini cake cricut machine! I love it and couldn't wait for my birthday to try it out. This is some practice with it. It can do really intricate designs so much faster than me doing them by hand. It's going to take some practice to get the hang of it but it was so much fun to use it.
 I am going to dub the flavor of this cake as Chocolate Dream. There's a Bakery in Eugene Oregon that my family discovered that has some pretty amazing cake flavors. This cake has a different name there but I believe it need a more appropriate name for a Mormon Community. This cake is a chocolate cake with a hint of orange flavor to it. The fillings are chocolate mousse and vanilla custard, Then the sides are covered in a chocolate ganache and the top is finished off with an orange butter cream frosting. This cake was Heavenly. I am not a big fan of orange and chocolate together but this is so subtle that it has become one of my favorite cakes ever. I have not mastered there flavor but I'm close and the more practice the better it's going to get.


0 comments:

Post a Comment